Azithromycin Uses (Zithromax) | Dosage | Side Effects & More:
What is Azithromycin?
Azithromycin (Zithromax) is employed to treat many various kinds of infections caused by a microorganism, like metabolic process infections, skin infections, ear infections, and sexually transmitted diseases.
Azithromycin oral pill is offered as a drug similarly because of the proprietary drug Zithromax. Generic medication sometimes price but the brand-name version. In some cases, they will not be on the market all told strengths or forms because of the proprietary drug.
Azithromycin (Zithromax Uses) is employed to treat bound infections caused by a microorganism. It mustn’t be accustomed treat infections caused by viruses, like the cold. Azithromycin is also employed in combination with different antibiotics once it’s accustomed treat eubacterium avium complicated infection.
You should not use azithromycin if you’re allergic to that, or if you have ever had jaundice or liver issues caused by taking azithromycin. You are allergic to similar medication like clarithromycin, Ethril, or telithromycin.
This drug isn’t expected to hurt an associate unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you’re pregnant or commit to becoming pregnant.
Take Azithromycin (Zithromax Dosage) precisely as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. The dose and length of treatment might not be similar for each variety of infection. You may take most kinds of azithromycin with or while not food.
For Respiratory Illness Adult indefinite quantity (ages 18 years and older)
- Typical indefinite quantity is 500 mg once per day for 3 days. Your doctor may additionally visit 500 mg taken as one dose on day one, followed by 250 mg once per day on days 2 through five.
For Redness Adult indefinite quantity (ages 18 years and older)
- Typical indefinite quantity is to require 500 mg once per day for 3 days.
Child indefinite quantity (ages 6 months to 17 years)
- Typical indefinite quantity is 10 mg/kg of weight once per day for 3 days.
For Skin Adult indefinite quantity (ages 18 years and older)
- Your doctor might visit 500 mg taken during a single dose on day one, followed by 250 mg once per day on days 2 through five.
For urinary tract and redness Adult indefinite quantity (ages 18 years and older)
- If your infection isn’t caused by Cupid’s disease, you’ll usually take one 1-gram dose. If you’re treating a proof of a Cupid’s disease infection, you’ll usually take one 2-gram dose.
Shake the oral suspension (liquid) well simply before you live a dose. Live liquid drugs with the dosing syringe provided, or with a special dose-measuring spoon or drugs cup. If you are doing not have a dose-measuring device, raise your apothecary for one.
Use this drugs for the total prescribed length of your time. Skipping doses may additionally increase your risk of additional infection that’s proof against antibiotics. Azithromycin won’t treat a virus infection like the contagious disease or a standard cold.
Azithromycin Side Effects
Get emergency medical facility if you have got signs of associate aversion to azithromycin (Zithromax Side Effects):
- Troublesome respiratory,
- Swelling in your face or
Severe Skin Reaction
- Burning in your eyes,
- Skin pain,
- Red or Purple roseola that spreads and
- Causes blistering and peeling.
Seek medical treatment if you have got a heavy drug reaction which will have an effect on several elements of your body.
Symptoms might include roseola, fever, swollen glands, flu-like symptoms, muscle aches, severe weakness, uncommon bruising, or yellowing of your skin or eyes. This reaction might occur many weeks once you began victimization azithromycin.
Call your doctor quickly if you have:
- Severe abdomen pain, a symptom that’s watery or bloody.
- Fast or pounding heartbeats, undulation in your chest, shortness of breath, and sharp lightheadedness (like you would possibly pass out).
- Liver issues – nausea, higher abdomen pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetence, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
If you have got associate aversion, decision your doctor or native poison center quickly.
If you miss an Azithromycin Dose: Take the uncomprehensible dose as shortly as you keep in mind. Skip the uncomprehensible dose if it’s nearly time for your next scheduled dose. don’t take additional drugs to form up the uncomprehensible dose.
Azithromycin (Zithromax Overdose): If you are taking an excessive amount of azithromycin, you’ll have dangerous levels of the drug in your body. This might cause liver injury and irregular regular recurrence. If you’re thinking that you’ve taken an excessive amount of this drug, decision your doctor or native poison center.
Azithromycin (Zithromax) works by stopping microorganism from multiplying. This kills the microorganism and treats your infection. Azithromycin may additionally be used for functions unlisted during this medication guide.
Keep this and every one different medicine out of the reach of kids, ne’er share your medicines with others and use azithromycin just for the indication prescribed.